Research | Advisory | Speaking
Research & Content
We develop content and research across a range of topics related to the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. The application of IoT on consumer-facing businesses touches many departments, industries, existing technologies, products, and customer segments. Areas of core coverage are “horizontal” in nature, including:
- Customer Experience: Business models and use cases for applying IoT to consumer-facing programs
- User Interface & Design: The function and development of hardware, software, and experiential interfaces amidst a proliferation of connected ‘things’
- Privacy: Understanding and safeguarding for user privacy in IoT implementations; Best practices for designing for and communicating about privacy
Whether it’s for external publication or use internally, Groopman develops, writes, and delivers end-to-end third-party research projects and analyses that offer something new. Every research project begins with a hypothesis and challenge to approach solution through from a new perspective.
- Long-Form Research Reports
- Short-Form Research Reports
- Research-Driven Whitepapers
- Insight Notes
- Series Content & Articles
- Case Example Briefs
- Vendor Analyses
- Copywriting Support
Send an email to email@example.com for a quote or for more information.
The Internet of Things doesn’t just offer immense opportunity for organizations, it’s also painfully complex, often misunderstood, and typically without operational precedent. Particularly when viewed alongside a long list of other technological forces and incumbent systems, nevermind media hype and other macro trends, companies of all types need guidance to navigate the scope of risks and implications of sensor applications and networked services. We work with brands, technology vendors, start-ups, research firms, media platforms, conference organizers, and others to research and develop context for informed IoT positioning and decision-making.
Any work we do together is designed to enable business to embrace and apply the Internet of Things usefully, to generate sustainable value– not just financial and operational, but societal as well. Approaching emerging tech strategies through a ‘human-first’ lens is essential, but very often overlooked for technology. Designing any digital program begins with people– citizens, consumers, employees, leaders. We provide advisory support in the following areas:
- Digital Readiness & Gap Analysis
- Internal & External Opportunity & Risk Assessment
- Competitive Assessments
- Use Case Identification & Prioritization
- Ecosystem Mapping
- External Trends Analyses
Reach out for a quote or for more information.
- Ecosystem mapping: Identifying and priortizing relevant or maybe less intuitive partnership opportunities
- Strategic direction and advisory: our core capability, go-to-market; use case; data ethics; etc.
- Market research advisory: From a past life, I can help recommend best practices for how you conduct market research, key for VC funding and enterprise partnerships
- Introductions to my network: I am always trying to connect like minds and capabilities. As an analyst I speak with many companies, experts, and enterprise adopters
Interested in speaking regarding current IoT trends, ecosystem maneuvers, business models, sector implications, market validation? Want to discuss a press release, article, app, product, or story in which we were quoted? While we can’t always predict the future, we can assess contextual signals, empirical trends, and offer insights into scenarios for where the market is heading… Inquire within.
My approach to speaking is accessible, research-based, and focused, inevitably with a dash of fun. Whether you’re looking to inspire, educate, or challenge your audience, I can help. We will work together to tailor speech topics, formats, interactions, and outputs to your and your audience’s needs. Services offered include:
- Speaking: Keynotes, breakouts, roundtables, panel participation, private events
- Moderation: Panels, sessions, events, dinners
Let’s talk! Reach out for more information and a list of potential abstracts.